Monday, June 8, 2009

bueno.

Today was a good day I believe.

I woke up, had some pancakes, and watched American History X. Let me tell you, that was a bloody good movie. Wow! Edward Norton is a genius. The ending, of course, was sad. (Spoilers ahead). I had a feeling someone would die, but I was never sure of who. And, wow...just wow. That was absolutely greusome, and watching Edward Norton's character run into the school, yelling to let him through, and just...holding his brother. Needless to say, I was bawling. Brilliant film; watch it.

After that, I showered, slipped on my brand new TMNT t-shirt, which is the most amazing thing ever. A pulled on my brand new high top chucks. Did my makeup, put in some earrings, and my irreplaceable black gelly bracelets...

I picked up my paycheck today. My second to last paycheck from the job I got laid off from. My last one is July 5th, and that's like a 40 dollar paycheck. I'll end up getting one more paycheck before I head up to Washington. So, I won't be destitute while I'm up there, but I won't be spending anything either. I'm hoping that if I don't needlessly spend cash I have, then I'll have enough money to buy the Dublin plane ticket in August. I'm hoping to only spend money on the hotel at TwiCon, and money for food and drinks. I don't want to wait passed August to get it. August is my cut off month, if I have too, I'll borrow more money. FUCK. Wait...I still need to pay the sister back. Gah. I'll figure something out.

I got complimented at work today. I was so surprised. He even said my work was "brilliant". That was a first. It made me want to come back. Heh. That's what I'm talking about. People that work need to be complimented every once in a while in order for them to do better, and try harder. Sure, money is enough to make a person do their best, but when they get complimented, well, they usually end up trying 10 times harder. I'm getting an extra few hours in this week as well. Thursday and Friday. Sweet.

So now, I've realized I have several things to do.
1. Top secret web site thing that I should get in tonight (ahem, Jess?)
2. Josh Ryan interview
3. Chapter 2 outline
4. Supermassive Black Hole video (I need to record myself)

I need to get number one done tonight, number two done tomorrow, and the rest sometime this week. Especially before June 14th, when everyone turns in their SMBH videos and I have to spend two days putting them together.

Anyway, God bless.

1 comment:

  1. OMFG, calm yourself...I've arrived.

    Ummm, I really liked this post...something for me to read. BLOG MORE PLEASE...so I can creepishly stalk you. You can blog about the resemblance of certain male celebs. AHEM! FORKS SO SOON. Don't forget the Europe maps. I will remind you min. once per day until the morning of WASHINGTON... I can't wait to La Push you off a cliff!

    I guess I should comment on stuff that pertains to this post, eh? I'll do the chapter 2 outline at work tomorrow. I was hoping we could do character developments and backstories together.

    Also, yay for your boss not being a total tool. He gets 4 hero cookies (good thing I have 86 493 236 hero cookies left)!

    Okay, /end

    ReplyDelete