Wednesday, June 10, 2009

inspired.

So, after reading the ever-so-lovely Jess' post, I felt inspired to rant as well.

First of all, I find it absolutely and completely rude to make fun about "lung cancer" when there is a person in the room who has had a father die from the disease. Sure, it's all jokes, but have some respect please. It fucking hurts. And even when I mention that it hurts, I get nothing back. No "sorry". No "my bad". Nothing. At least acknowledge the mistake.

A good number of my friends smoke, and I don't have anything against it. But it hurts nonetheless, knowing what they're doing. And I know they know what they're doing. They know the consequences. I guess, after seeing someone die of lung cancer...it puts me in perspective of it all. Makes smoking that much worse in my eyes.

And when a person says, "I was outside getting lung cancer..." Well, I'm sorry, but that's just fucked up. Joke or not.


I love how watching the randomest of movies can put your life in perspective. I finished watching Gran Torino. And just like American History X, it shows you that there is just no room for hate in life. It makes your life miserable. Instead of hating, you could be loving. Love is so much more freeing, fullfilling.

But of course, it's impossible not to feel hatred towards things. God gave us the freewill to love and hate, and well...hate comes so easily.

And with that, SOMETIMES I FUCKING HATE SOME BITCHES.

Wow, am I a hypocrite or what? Talking about love, and God, and then I go and say something like that.

I guess that's what makes me human. Unfortunately, I can't always use the "human" excuse.

Now I'm just rambling on.

Jessica wrote up an epic, I mean, monumental first draft for our UK itinerary. It was amazing. I want to add to it when I'm not so fed up with the computer.

Well, that's that for now. Check out the Josh Ryan interview we did @ simplytwilight.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm not religious or anything, and maybe you can help me out with this, but when I was at my uncle's funeral, I was listening very intently to the pastor and he was talking about three things that you can do with your life and how god loves you no matter what and yada yada... but what got me was the ten commandments... he started talking about "thou shalt not kill" but comparing that to having hate in your heart. I can't remember most of it because I was crying my face off, and well, it's hard to digest church when I only go a couple times a year... but it was really profound and I think it's something that I believe in. I'm making no sense, but yea, about the hate thing... I get it, and it sucks, and I don't want to hate people, I don't think I'm capable of hating people even though some people have fucked me over good, it's just easy to use that word... it's easy to sum up everything I'm feeling with that one tiny word...

    okay, end longest comment ever.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete